Boutique Wine Resort which was born out of the love that the Tasca d’Almerita family have for wine and sea, overlooking Panarea and Stromboli, situated on the greenest island within the Aeolian Islands, that are part of UNESCO World Heritages.
Risky scale of economics at a location with expensive construction and operational costs. Seasonal operation that renders difficult to engage staff. Management that had no adequate sales & marketing strategy, neither with regards to the potentials of the structure, nor concerning the economic needs of the investments. These factors together have resulted unsustainable economical goings.
- Analysis – human resource/ procedures/ P&L statements/ competitors
- Development – S&M strategy/ procedures/ KPIs- budget-monitoring-forecasting to enable to follow the strategy and to respond to the actual market needs
- Implementation: action plans/ staff trainings / monitoring / temporary management of operations
- Creation of strategy for repositioning to enable cashflows that render sustainable the operation
- Definition of sales channels and tools that are in line with the repositioning process
- P/L and CF calculations for property extension
- Definition of affiliation to support the repositioning and financial reassessment process
- Managing the affiliation process with Relais & Chateaux
- On-going contribution to the operational budget-monitoring-forecasting activities
- Successfully implemented strategies
- Extension of the structure from 18 to 27 rooms (+50%), extension of turnover to more than double p.a (+135%), RevPAR (Revenue Per Available Room) achieved is more than triple (+230%) in respect to entire Italy and it is in line with the result of the best wine resorts of Tuscany
- Stabilized financial operations
- Capofaro: Location of the year 2014 (Corriera della Sera)
- After the extension the hotel is one of the few ones in Italy and the only one among R&C properties offering a stay at a functioning lighthouse (unique and additional USP)